Somehow this week everyone's been under the weather. Thorsten and I are fighting the second bad cold within a month. Lilia had her diarrhea early in the week, and now tonight her nose is running again . . . The kids got the eye goop (scientific name), and since Wednesday Johanna has been really miserable with a fever and then last night some vomiting and today a little diarrhea as well. I can hardly get her to drink anything. We were at the pediatrician this evening, and while he said he's not really worried yet, we should keep a close eye on her hydration . . . plus if the fever continues into tomorrow she needs to be assessed for a urinary tract infection. Thorsten also threw out his back on Wednesday and at the moment is moving with all the grace and fluidity of the Tin Man. I know, none of this is serious, but it is kind of miserable, and we hope everybody gets over everything, and soon.
This is also one of those times when I'm really glad I'm not doing paid work at the moment . . . somehow it's easier to deal with a night like last night with a sick and miserable baby when you know it doesn't matter if your brain is a little out of order in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment