Well, the honeymoon's over. Couldn't expect to have an easy baby forever . . . . :) Last evening, last night and this morning Johanna fussed and fussed (even then it's not really crying) and just couldn't seem to settle down. Finally at about 1:30 this afternoon she fell into a deep sleep and slept until 7 p.m. with only one break for eating, and now it's starting all over again. Why is it that almost all babies have their fussy times in the evening, when the adult batteries are starting to run down?
On the other hand, Lilia had a very good day today, with only a few episodes of whininess, no temper tantrums, and lots of cooperativeness. Her grandparents picked her up to take her to daycare and she even seemed glad to go. Dietlind told me when they picked her up the daycare teacher said she'd been somewhat cheeky but didn't give specifics so I suppose it couldn't have been too bad. This afternoon Lilia was great--played legos for an hour with minimal help from me, and when I went grocery shopping she decided to stay in the cafe with Dietlind and played nicely for the 20 minutes it took me to get the goods.
I suppose at some point we will have a "bad day" from both girls at the same time. I wonder how I will deal with that? I am still trying to get used to being a parent to two small needy people, not to mention trying to figure out how I will manage to do the daily routine by myself when the grandparents are gone! I did buy a "Kiddie Board" today which is a little round board with wheels for Lilia to stand on. It hangs off the rear axle of the pram. That way I can transport both kids at once even if Lilia is too tired or uncooperative to walk. Lilia seemed to like it--hopefully that will last.
I hear squeaks and grunts from Johanna so maybe I will rush off and try to get ready for bed before she fully wakes up again. Yaaaaawn. Wish somebody would rock me to sleep!
1 comment:
Glad you still find a few minutes to write! You are doing fine at being parent to two little ones--there will be some challenging times, but mostly good ones. And, I have never been able to figure out why babies' crankiest time invariably corresponds to the parents' most tired time, sorry. Please let me know if your ever figure out the answer! Love, Mom
Post a Comment