I finally got the suitcase packed in case Baby decides to show up soon. I don't know--I told Thorsten that it gives me a similar sensation to how I think I would feel if I were asked to plan a party but not told when it would be, who was going to show up, how much food or drink should be provided or what the theme would be . . . . . . I was trying to pick out a couple of CDs to bring with, although honestly I can't tell you whether during Lilia's birth there was anything playing in the background or not (Thorsten says the radio was on and I have to believe him.) Anyway, I picked out Massive Attack (in case I need some good bass beat), Yo Yo Ma playing Bach (in case I need calming down), Annie Lennox (always seems good), and something else that I've already forgotten.
Not that I really think Number 2 will be making his or her appearance anytime really soon. I tell you what--let's do a pool, and everybody will put in his or her best guess for Arrival Day. I've already asked Thorsten, who says July 15. Lilia said "July" (pretty safe bet) and when pressed, mentioned the numbers 20, 14 and 16 (!). I pick July 9. Any other guesses? Whoever gets closest I will award some nice German chocolate . . . ;)
6 comments:
I vote for July 11. I don't even know when your due date is, but that's my best guess.
Looking forward to hearing all about your new little sprout!
Love,
Beth
I'm going with Friday the 13th!
I pick July 15th.
But, I want good German beer rather than chocolate for my prize.
Grampa John
I'll be the optimist, and pick July 4th
I say July 9th.
Brian
Oops, I didn't notice you already picked July 9th. So I'm going to say July 23rd instead. Bet you'll be mad if it goes that long though!
Brian
Post a Comment