So we are now officially term (well, of midnight tonight anyway). Had another appointment with the midwife this morning--actually her partner--since of course we don't know when the birth will take place and either of them could be the one to actually be there. It's very interesting--both midwives mentioned that this baby must be smaller than the last one . . . this morning she simply said, "Well, something larger was in your belly before." Hunh. Must be something with how the stretch marks look? Anyway, I've gained 23 pounds total. The baby slept through the first part of the CTG so I had an extra long appointment waiting for it to wake up and supply the requisite heart rate variability. I've gotten most of the stuff together the midwives want me to bring to the birth but at the moment it's sitting in a big pile on the changing table. Well, the odds are only 1 in 20 or so that the baby will arrive this week so no need to get too organized. ;)
Have to say that I am starting to get anxious to meet this little person . . . regardless of the state of the apartment or the fact that I haven't started writing my stupid manuscript yet . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment