Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dr's Appt . . .

Johanna had her three month checkup today. She now weighs 11 lb 7 oz (25%ile or so), is 23.5 inches long (50%ile) and has a head circumference of 38.5 cm (20%ile or so). She was very charming . . . cooed and smiled at the doctor, and peed on the exam table and everything.

Both Lilia and Johanna also got shots today . . . Lilia for the flu and Johanna for about six things (two needle sticks). Traumatic. This was the first time that Lilia really screamed. She started crying before the doctor even got the needle out: "I don't want a shot! I don't want a shot!! Please no shot!!!" And poor Johanna cried in a shocked, injured way I've never even heard before, and kept it up for several minutes. Mama was nearly in tears too by the end, even though I am a very firm believer in vaccination (better a needle stick now than sick on the airplane in December). I didn't take Lilia to day care afterwards, partly because everything got so late at the appointment, and partly because she asked not to. Both kids are sleeping at the moment and I fell asleep too for awhile. Hopefully it will do us all good (both girls have little colds too at the moment and I am coming down with one myself.)

Next month we have to do it all again . . .

No comments: