Friday, November 11, 2011

Long Overdue

From way back in September--Johanna shows off her crazy 'do

Lilia with a new haircut


Showing off headstands for a "circus" in the basement

Johanna with a Keith Richards-like hat look

Lilia also tries out multiple hats

The kids had facepainting at the Halloween party in the Hort.  Here Lilia as a "scary pumpkin".

We also recently went to Legoland in Ulm (under duress).  It was OK, but expensive. Lilia rode the roller coaster 6 times, as she proudly informed everybody.

Lilia and Johanna inside the aquarium at Legoland . . . literally

Here is "Lego Lucerne".  When we visited the real Lucerne, we stayed at the Hotel des Alpes (in the background).

Here with my real girls in front of Lego Lucerne.  Did I mention that it was cold and foggy?

Lego Hamburg, which I have to admit was pretty darn cool.

Johanna and Lilia in their witch costumes from Aldi (notice they are identical.  This prevents fights) and holding their "Rübengeister". Here in Germany when kids go trick-or-treating they actually say a little poem (or 2) at each door.  I have yet to convince anybody here that American kids only say "trick or treat" in order to get their candy.

Other than that, I have been working like a fiend since we got home from the US, and sometimes I think it is good that I work at home, because otherwise I would probably literally bite the heads off some of the people I work with.  I have started running again (once a week, with a friend of mine, other than a two week break after she dropped a pan on her foot), although I can't say that once a week has done that much for my conditioning.  The garden season is pretty much over, although I have planted a ton of Feldsalat, and am still harvesting leeks, broccoli, some greens, Jerusalem artichokes, and beets.  And we still have a pumpkin I saved from the knife . . . . maybe we'll try a real pumpkin pie this year for Thanksgiving (which will be at Joey and Margot's, for the 4th consecutive year).  Oh, and if you're looking for a book to read, I highly recommend "Adventures in the Rifle Brigade" by John Kincaid, which is available free online since it was published in 1830.  I can only say, thank goodness his service preceded the Victorian era. 

OK, I have to get off to a Laterneumzug (lantern parade for St. Martin's Day) . . . maybe I'll blog something else in another 2 months. 

4 comments:

Grandpa John & GramMary said...

Thanks so much for an update and pics of the girls.

You all have been so busy!

Laura Brown said...

Hooray! You're back! XOXOXO

The Burris Family said...

So happy to see an update, too! I check yours and Beth's once a week. You have her beat now!!! Get her to get back on the ball!

Grandpa John and GramMary said...

Time for new pictures!