Monday, August 3, 2009

Cleaning

Spent the morning over at the new house cleaning. All I can say is: D-I-R-T-Y. Dust from the tile installation is everywhere. Despite 3 1/2 hours' worth of work, I didn't even get the upstairs done . . . the master bath is clearly going to need several rounds of scrubbing to get the residue out of the tiles. I did get the kids' bedroom and playroom pretty much done (the cork floor fortunately only needed one round of washing), including cleaning the three windows in each room, which all had paint spatters and plaster on them . . . the window washing cloths my mother sent really did a good job on the dirt (thanks Mom!) but nothing other than scraping gets rid of the paint flecks. I also filled up an entire vacuum cleaner bag doing only half the house. Still, it's a start, and satisfying to see the rooms emerging from their cocoon of grit . . .

5 comments:

Drew said...

I don't know about you, but this sounds like the perfect opportunity for some before and after photos!

Grandpa John & GramMary said...

At least it must be satifying to be cleaning your OWN HOUSE this time around. Glad the window cloths were helpful. Love, Mom

The Burris Family said...

Yes, I would LOVE to see some pictures!

Cynthia and Lars said...

We can wait to see pictures of the finished product. So glad we saw "the work in progress".

Miss you!

Holbie said...

Hi Jill! I hope your move went well, I was thinking about you yesterday! Can't wait to see pics of your new digs.