Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vacation Zone

( . . . excuse any typos . . . I am used to typing on a German keyboard now and here the z and y are reversed . . . )

We're in the Vacation Zone. After a week of adjusting, we seem to have hit our stride. Last night Thorsten and I went on a date for the first time since June 14 (when his parents were visiting us), and came back to find that Lilia had been an angel, even setting the table and clearing it after dinner, and that Johanna had been a rascal, making a big fuss about Mama being away. Today the kids slept in today until 8:30 (8:30!!!!) . . . and then we all hung around in our pajamas until a disgracefully late hour. I am completely unmotivated to do anything productive, and have forgotten what the password is for my t-online email account (hope nobody has sent me anthing important . . . ) When Mom and Dad are around keeping the kids busy, I slink off in a corner with my current book . . . of course there is always making meals and cleaning them up, and doing laundry, and maintaining the kids, to keep a little of the day-to-day humdrum in the mix. But overall I think we are all pretty blissfully relaxed at the moment . . . I should take some pictures and post them but I am too lazy just now . . .

No comments: