Friday, March 14, 2008

The Cleanup

Now that Johanna's eating a little (she gnaws on zwieback and will grudgingly take a few spoonfuls of super-pureed stuff), we are once again facing a major cleanup effort after every meal. Soggy crumbs are strewn over an approximately 15 sq ft area. Carrot residue glues the table leaves together. The cushion on her chair is covered with a combination of zwieback dust and spit. Yesterday evening we had spaghetti and after dinner it was draped like sticky tinsel all over Johanna's chair.

Now I anyway am an extremely recalcitrant housekeeper, and I hate hauling out the vacuum cleaner two or three times a day, but there's no alternative, unless we want goopy gunk distributed over the entire house. I have given up on really getting her highchair clean, at least until the weather gets warmer and I can take it out in the yard and spray it down with the garden hose. Actually maybe by then it will need sandblasting. Sigh.

No comments: