Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Burn!

I picked up my repaired bike this morning, hooked up the trailer (with Johanna in it) and headed up the hill . . . trailer + Johanna + attachments is, I figure, a bit under 50 pounds.

Did I make it? Yes!

Did I make it easily? No!

Could I make it with Lilia in there too? Not at the moment!

But still--it's a good start, and mornings when Lilia is in Kindergarten this definitely expands my range.

Now excuse me, I need to wobble over on my rubbery legs to the kitchen to get a drink . . .

2 comments:

Drew said...

what's the vertical gain?

Jill said...

I think the grade averages 4 or 5% over about 1,5 km . . . starting from the city, it's first a relatively gentle climb, then gets much steeper. It flattens out for at most a couple hundred meters before heading uphill again.

And that's the easier way--there are two other ways to get home where the grade is much steeper over a shorter distance.