Our unseasonably cold spring has finally yielded to very hot weather (at least until tomorrow, when the temperatures are supposed to drop back into the high 50s). The heat is a bit of a problem for poor Julian, who even in the minimum of a diaper and onesie is pretty warm, and for me as well . . . we sweat and stick to each other, and sleeping is difficult for him too. But it is fun to see his legs and naked little feet (he has the coldest, sweatiest feet of any baby I've ever known). He is also starting to bat at things, although he still can't open up his tightly clenched little fists on demand. I do enjoy watching him whacking at his toys: he gets a comic look of mad
intensity, with lips pursed and a slip of tongue showing, furrowed brow, and kicking legs and flailing arms. Sweet. He's now able to get his left fist pretty consistently into his mouth. Given that he's never really been enamored by the pacifier, I'm thinking he may develop into a thumb-sucker, as soon as he can get his thumb out . . . other than that, he's gradually getting calmer and the nights, overall, are gradually getting better, although he does NOT LIKE TO GO TO BED. Lately he's been up until 10 or 10:30, wide awake and ready to play. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised--I had intimations while he was still in the womb that he was going to be another active one. He and Lilia should stay up together (yawn . . . ) Also, Julian is gradually losing his hair. I am suspecting that it will come back in again at least a few shades lighter . . .
 |
| Johanna likes to hold Julian. Unfortunately, he doesn't really like to be held by her . . . |
 |
| Thorsten's parents came to visit over the weekend. |
 |
| Here's what the big kids have been up to. I did take them to the outdoor swimming pool on Monday when it was 100 degrees . . . they had fun, but I was completely wiped out by the time we got back. I wouldn't have dared to go with all 3 except that a friend of mine met us there and watched out for the girls. |
 |
| It's fun to be 6 feet off the ground! |
 |
| Our 8-year old who looks like a 12-year-old.. . she's about 5 foot 2 by now. |
 |
| Our sprite. She's having a little trouble giving up her role as the youngest kid. |
 |
| Ah, yes, the flowers are finally blooming . . . white peony (thanks, Gaby), lemon lilies, and love-in-a-mist. |
 |
| My little sweetie this morning. |
1 comment:
I am about to brave the pool for the first time with three kids this week. I am secretly dreading it. But I am also hopeful Tate will love it and we can stay long enough to make it worth my time and energy.
Post a Comment