 |
| Yesterday evening, Thorsten offered to pretend to have broken his arm (which meant he could lie down on our bed and close his eyes . . . a trick he says he learned from his father-in-law . . . ) and then to let the girls have a go at "fixing" him. Lilia promptly made a doctor hat for Johanna. |
 |
| Then, of course, she had to try on the hat herself as well. (Notice anything new about Lil, by the way?) |
 |
| After Thorsten's arm was fixed (with a cloth bag and lots of pretend shots), a tickle fight ensued. |
 |
| Johanna hasn't been quite as interested in her dollies lately, but still likes to snuggle with Baby Annabell in the evenings. |
 |
| Yes, yes, Lilia lost another tooth. It was a real drama. She wiggled it until it was sticking out at a 90-degree angle, then came in to my room screaming and bleeding. I had to grab the dangling tooth with a tissue and twist it out. (Thorsten was no help . . . he is completely and utterly grossed out by everything having to do with loose teeth). |
 |
| Lilia says that the stick on the lollipop fits really well in her tooth gap. |
 |
| Johanna and Frida giving each other some love. They get along pretty well, except when Frida bites and scratches, or when she throws her shoes at Johanna, or orders Johanna to go home. |
 |
| Lilia got invited to a dress-up birthday party, and decided to go as a fairy. |
 |
| Cute, huh? |
Other than that, we have winter again (is supposed to get down to -10 Celsius tonight, and we have a blanket of a few inches of new snow). Nevertheless, I am suffering from allergies as I have never suffered before. I went so far as to go see an allergist . . . unfortunately, she says there's not too much to be done at the moment other than take the usual meds, but after the allergies let up again she can do some testing and, depending on the results, do a course of desensitizing shots before this rolls around again next year. My bet: hazel pollen. Believe it or not, it can be flying around out there along with the snow . . .
6 comments:
Thanks for the great pictures of the girls. They are so cute.
Thorsten should try the game of "funeral" with the girls, a game that I invented. The girls would have to be very quiet and respectful around the "deceased." Meanwhile, the "deceased" can actually catch a good nap!
Oh, I forgot to mention that I always had to yank out baby teeth from my kids as GramMary was totally grossed out by such a procedure.
Thus, Jill, I feel your pain!!!
I can't believe Lilia lost her front tooth! Congrats to Lil. Great pics - thanks for sharing.
Your girls are really cute, I agree! I agree with Thorston, as I could not touch any of my kids baby teeth even if they were just hanging on by a thread! But Bruce could do the job when asked! I am babysitting my two grandchildren, Caroline and Owen while Matt and Meghan celebrate their 8th wedding anniversary out in Las Vegas! Since I had free time (both in school now) I thought I would read through blogs. I haven't read your blog in awhile, so did so. I really do enjoy reading these blogs as they can be so informative!
Love the photos and narrative of the girls' adventures. And Johanna suddenly looks so much more girlish, vs toddlerish, which is lovely but shocking. NO ONE CAN GROW UP! Doesn't she know that? ;-) XOXO
Laur,
I will certainly miss the "little girl" Johanna who wanted me to be
"Baby Opa" when we were together.
Hopefully, she will still love her Grandpa John as she grows up.
Post a Comment