Sorry I haven't posted much lately . . . we've been battling winter viruses at our house. Johanna got sick on Sunday night and just today seems to be on the mend, and I think I have the same thing that she had--chills and muscle aches and coughing and runny nose. Could actually be a mild case of the flu, I suppose, although we've both been vaccinated. So far Thorsten and Lilia have been spared, although I am pretty worried that Lilia, at least, will get it (hard to keep Johanna's runny nose under control when the two of them are playing together).
In other news, Thorsten crashed his bike on Monday after he hit a patch of black ice. He abraded his hands and got some nasty bruises on hip and elbow.
In house news, the construction crane is coming down today and the windows are also supposed to go in today. I hope it happens!
We did watch the inauguration live on Tuesday and I was very moved at the peaceful, communal participation of the 2 million people involved. When we dropped Lilia off at Kindergarten on Wednesday morning, other parents and the Kindergarten teachers let me know that they, too, had tuned in and were anticipating something new. (It would be hard to overstate the extreme unpopularity of GWB in Germany, so perhaps this isn't too surprising).
I just got the "sick kid" call . . . more later . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment