
When I was a little kid, the prospect of opening a gift that turned out to be clothes was about as exciting as it would be for me to now open, say, a box of laundry detergent. I mean, it's necessary to have and all that, but not high up on the list of thrilling presents.
Interesting that Lilia seems to feel differently about clothes than I did. She likes getting new clothes. She gets excited about them, and wants to put them on immediately and wear them until I coerce her into taking them off again ("No, you may not wear your new fancy Christmas blouse when we are having spaghetti for dinner!!"). Fortunately, she's not especially picky about what she wears on a day-to-day basis. Usually I can choose her clothes for her without her making a fuss, and she is equally satisfied with a sweatsuit or with a dress and tights.
We'll see if all this changes as she gets older! But at the moment, given her enthusiasm, I have to admit I have fun buying her clothes.
5 comments:
Jill, I just LOVE this picture, especially the expression on Lilia's face and the way she is leaning on the sides of her shoes. Could you get me a couple of prints mailed here (one for home, one for office)- it's all I want for Christmas (except for maybe a "dress up" photo of Johanna too). I know your Gram June would love to get one too & I'd be happy to send a copy on to her if you have them all sent here. Thank you so much for including this on your blog--it does make me lonesome for a Christmas get-together; last Christmas was so very memorable! xoxoxo, Mom
My heart swells with pride when I see my grandaughter who is that beautiful. My hearts also weeps that I cannot be with her more than a couple of times a year at best.
Well, get that damn basement apartment built so Mom and I can resolve all of this by being there more often!
Katrina LOVES clothes too, however most days she has to pick them out.
Last week she came down stairs, wearing two trick shirts (a shirt that looks like a short sleeve shirt, with a long sleeve shirt underneath) and a pair of really tight shorts (she calls her bike shorts, which I let her wear under dresses/skirts etc) Katrina was really proud of the two trick shirts, she said since I've got two on, it will really be a trick! I told her she needed to put on pants or a skirt on top of the shorts before she could go to school.... a few minutes later, she came down wearing horrible looking sweat pants (that really should not have been passed down, I think Jorgen played too much football in them) with her shorts on top of the pants!
It really wasn't what I was thinking she'd do, but I couldn't really argue with her, so she went to school in that.
It was a good picture of Lilia, she was smiling nicely it it too! She looks grown up, much older then an almost 4 yr old.
Speaking of an almost 4 yr old, Katrina cried last week when she discovered that Lilia is turning 4 soon. When I asked her why, she said Lilia won't want to play with me anymore now that she is 4 and I am only 3!
Enjoy buying clothes that fit Lilia now...it will become much more difficult as she grows into a beautiful, TALL, young woman.
Luckily her tall aunties can try to help her find clothes that are long enough, but it can be a challenge. And finding maternity clothes long enough is an even BIGGER challenge!
Oh well, at least there are more specialized stores now than there were even 10 years ago (one great benefit of internet shopping), so hopefully in another 10 years it will be even easier for Lilia (or for our future child...odds are that s/he will be tall too).
Finally, I am back to Jill's page.
When are we going to see more pictures of Mama Jill? And when are the girls going to have their hair turn to be the sexy darker tone like Mama Jill? And when are you all going to be moving into the Nice new house? And when are we going to meet again in the Obama-USA? And seeing your girls, especially Johanna, I really have a burning desire to kiss somebody's cheeks--only if they are as kissable as hers....Oh baby baby baby.... - Yvonne
Post a Comment