Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Quilt



I recently completed the first quilt I made since Lilia was born . . . not the most complicated design and I had to use what I had on hand for fabric. My sewing machine--actually my mom's old sewing machine-cum-boat anchor--also isn't in the best trim anymore (it was smelling like hot oil by the end). I intended the quilt to be a baby gift and of course I didn't start it till the last minute . . . good thing that baby was late . . . Still, it was fun to do something creative for a change.

3 comments:

Grandpa John & GramMary said...

Hey, don't label this "time-wasting hobbies!" It's a great and productive past time! Your quilt is beautiful & I think I see some material that is the same in your wedding quilt -- am I right? Did you make up your own pattern? It is very pretty & very interesting--nice job! Love, Mom

Laura Brown said...

Wow! It simply isn't fair that you're a scientist and can sew, too.

Lisa said...

I have to agree, it is a beautiful quilt. And the fact you got it done with the girls around is quite an accomplishment. I can't wait to get sewing again. I miss it so much. I am still intending to make a quilt for Maggie - I guess I need to up the size to a twin quilt by now though! :)

Well done!
Love, Lisa