Wednesday, April 18, 2007

28 weeks

So we are now officially into the third trimester. Sometimes I have that sensation--those of you who have been pregnant have doubtless experienced it--that I have been pregnant forever and will be pregnant for ever, and 12 more weeks (give or take) sounds like an eternity. Other times I think: 12 weeks! Yikes! Nothing is ready!! Especially not me!!! Today the weather has cooled off considerably which has shifted my feelings from the former category to the latter. This is also aided by the fact that the apartment looks as if it has been hit by a tornado: Lilia's blocks and books are scattered all over the living room, the kitchen hasn't been cleaned up in three days, and our room is festooned with drying laundry, and I think, if we can't get a grip now, how much more chaotic will this all be with a newborn in the mix?

I also have found that this time around I have been less focused on the prospect of the new arrival and more on the here-and-now day-to-day routine with child #1, which I would guess is hardly unusual. I am sure I will fall just as wildly in love with #2 as I did with Lilia, but at the moment, despite my expanding waistline and the unmistakable kicks in my belly, sometimes the concept of the new baby still seems strangely hazy and abstract. I am curious: Mom--having had three babies--was it also different for you in each pregnancy?

4 comments:

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandpa John & GramMary said...

OK, Jill......this is a test to seeif I can do this correctly.

Love,
Dad

Grandpa John & GramMary said...

Well, maybe this WILL work.
Anyway, Lilia's comments remind me so much of you as you had your own little cute syntax of speech.

Then, you also had your own "truisms" that we will try to find as Mom wrote them down somewhere. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jill, each pregnancy was different and each was special and overall pretty wonderful--especially the births of each of you. I remember wondering how I could ever be able to love a new baby as much as I loved Brian, and guess what? Once you arrived, you were every bit the miracle he was and my heart was every bit as full and your Dad & I just couldn't imagine our lives without you. Yes, there was more chaos, but I don't now really remember much about the chaos--just lots & lots about the wonder, the fun, the joy and the warmth of holding & feeding that dear little one....followed by many years of laughter, humor and sometimes challenges. You have filled our lives as much as Lilia and New Baby are filling yours!!